PRIMARY PRODUCTS INSPECTORS inspect animals, plants and agricultural produce and facilities to ensure compliance with government and industry standards with respect to quality, health and licensing.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 2
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- inspecting animals, plants and agricultural produce to identify product quality issues, and providing advice to producers
- auditing and monitoring quality procedures at farms and food handling and processing facilities to ensure compliance with required standards
- testing samples of produce for quality, size and purity
- ensuring that required standards of hygiene are observed at storage, processing and packing facilities and in transport vehicles
- advising primary producers on economic aspects of disease eradication and informing producers and the general public of the health implications of diseases and impurities
- advising on the identification of pests and diseases and on regulations pertaining to grading, packing and loading of products
- examining imported plants and animals, and products, such as timber, seeds and dried fruits, and making quarantine arrangements
- patrolling and investigating waterways for unlawful fishing activities and the removal of protected marine life
- educating, advising and providing information on a wide range of topics relating to fish and their protection
- may initiate or assist in legal action to enforce regulations
Occupations in this group:
（1）311311 FISHERIES OFFICER
Alternative Title: Fisheries Inspector
Inspects fishing vessels, gear, licences and catches to ensure that fisheries laws and regulations are obeyed.
（2）311312 MEAT INSPECTOR
Inspects animal carcasses, internal organs and meat processing facilities for disease to ensure compliance with government and industry standards with respect to quality and health.
（3）311313 QUARANTINE OFFICER
Alternative Titles: Biosecurity Officer (Ministry for Primary Industry) (NZ)、Quarantine Inspector
Inspects incoming animals, plants, and animal and plant products to ensure compliance with laws and regulations to prevent the spread of exotic pests and diseases.
（4）311399 PRIMARY PRODUCTS INSPECTORS NEC
This occupation group covers Primary Products Inspectors not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Dairy Quality Assurance Officer、Fruit and Vegetable Inspector
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services