SCIENCE TECHNICIANS perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support functions to assist with research, design, production and teaching in chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, and physical sciences.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 2
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting information and samples
- conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements
- controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment
- participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met
- preparing experiments and demonstrations for science classes
Occupations in this group:
（1）311411 CHEMISTRY TECHNICIAN
Alternative Title: Chemistry Technical Officer
Performs laboratory tests on organic and inorganic chemicals, analyses test data and carries out technical functions in support of Chemists or Chemical Engineers in a wide variety of areas such as fuels, agricultural products, food, pharmaceuticals, paints, metals, plastics, textiles, detergents, paper, fertilisers and cosmetics.
Specialisations: Chemical Instrumentation Officer、Chemical Process Analyst、Chemistry Laboratory Technician、Dairy Laboratory Technician、Petroleum Laboratory Technician、Sugar Laboratory Assistant
（2）311412 EARTH SCIENCE TECHNICIAN
Alternative Title: Earth Science Technical Officer
Collects and tests earth and water samples, records observations and analyses data in support of Geologists or Geophysicists.
Specialisations: Earth Science Laboratory Technician、Geochemical Laboratory Technician、Geological Technical Officer、Geoscience Laboratory Technician、Meteorological Observer、Seismology Technical Officer、Soil Science Technical Officer、Water Resources Technical Officer
（3）311413 LIFE SCIENCE TECHNICIAN
Alternative Title: Life Science Technical Officer
Identifies and collects living organisms and conducts field and laboratory studies in support of Life Scientists or Environmental Scientists.
Specialisations: Biological Technical Officer、Botanical Technical Officer、Ecological Technical Officer、Environmental Technical Officer、Fisheries Technical Officer、Forestry Technical Officer、Forestry Technician、Wood Technologist、Zoology Technical Officer
（4）311414 SCHOOL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Prepares experiments and demonstrations, makes up solutions, prepares slides, orders books and equipment, and tidies up laboratories in support of teaching chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences and physical sciences.
Measures, analyses and maintains the flow and quality of water in rivers, lakes, stormwater and sewage, and surveys and maps oceans, seas and rivers.
（6）311499 SCIENCE TECHNICIANS NEC
This occupation group covers Science Technicians not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Calibration Technician、Drug and Alcohol Tester、Fibre Technologist、Fingerprint Expert、Textile Technical Officer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services