- TAS 491 Overseas Applicant (TSOL) – Basic requirements
- TAS 491 Overseas Applicant (TSOL) – OFF LIST’ nominations
- TAS 491 Overseas Applicant (TSOL) – Application process
To be considered for the Overseas Applicant (TSOL) category you must be invited to apply and meet all the following criteria:
- your nominated occupation should* be listed on the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List (TSOL)
- you, or any of your dependents have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months
- you have achieved the English requirement specified on the TSOL for your nominated occupation in a recognised English language test or hold a passport of the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada or New Zealand
- you have read and meet the ‘other requirements and notes column’ specified on the TSOL for your nominated occupation
- you have access to sufficient financial assets to fund your migration and settlement in Tasmania for at least 6 months while you seek employment
- you have researched the Tasmanian labour market, have been invited to seek nomination, and unless your occupation is listed as “High Demand” in the TSOL, provide evidence that there are sufficient employment opportunities in Tasmania or that you have reasonable prospects for employment related to your occupation
- if your occupation is listed as “High Demand” and you meet the specified requirements, employability evidence is not required.
OFF LIST’ Nominations (for occupations not listed on TSOL)
From time to time in response to industry demand, Migration Tasmania may invite and nominate candidates who do not have an occupation listed on TSOL.
Candidates with a non-TSOL occupation may lodge an EOI for Tasmanian nomination, however, there is no guarantee they will be invited to apply.
You cannot apply for nomination in this category before being invited by Migration Tasmania.
Follow these steps:
- Read the nomination requirements for Category 3A: Overseas applicant (TSOL).
- If you believe you can meet the requirements, create an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect. Choose Tasmania as your state of interest. Candidates who select other states (or all) may not be invited to apply for nomination.
- Migration Tasmania will periodically review EOIs and contact the most promising candidates and invite them to apply for nomination through SkillSelect.
- If you are invited to apply for nomination, complete your application for nomination on this website within 60 days.
Attach a copy of the email invitation you received from SkillSelect. If you do not attach your invitation you will be refused nomination.
Please note: Migration Tasmania will only review EOIs that have been created or updated in the previous 6 months.