ANAESTHETISTS provide direct medical care to patients requiring general or local anaesthesia for surgical, diagnostic and other procedures such as prevention of pain and maintenance of body function. Anaesthetic Registrars training as Anaesthetists are included in this unit group.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training.
- At least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- performing pre-operative examinations of patients to determine appropriate anaesthetic and sedation in concurrence with Specialist Physicians and Surgeons
- discussing the anaesthetic process with patients and obtaining their informed consent prior to surgery
- administering local, regional and general anaesthetics using a variety of methods such as inhalational and intravenous administration
- supervising the transfer of patients to operating theatres, positioning on operating tables, keeping patients warm, and responding quickly and accurately if any problems arise
- monitoring patients throughout surgical procedures and in immediate post-operative procedures
- recording details of anaesthetic and sedation administered, and the condition of patients before, during and after anaesthesia
- liaising with other health care workers to provide diagnosis and treatment for patients with chronic pain, and to diagnose and treat patients requiring intensive care or resuscitation
- may instruct medical, nursing, student and ancillary staff on the signs, symptoms and diagnosis of allergic and anaphylactic reactions to anaesthetic agents, and supervision and treatment of life threatening emergencies
Occupation in this group:
Provides direct medical care to patients requiring general or local anaesthesia for surgical, diagnostic and other procedures such as prevention of pain and maintenance of body function. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisations: Intensive Care Anaesthetist、Obstetric Anaesthetist、Pain Management Specialist
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services