PRINTERS set up and operate letterpress, lithographic, flexographic, gravure, newspaper, instant, digital and offset printing presses.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting, adjusting and monitoring substrate-feed mechanisms, delivery mechanisms, inking systems and other printing machine functions
- mixing ink and solvents to standard, and regulating paper and ink supply during print runs
- monitoring, evaluating and determining press operations manually and by computer to check print quality standards against proofs and detect malfunctions
- producing a variety of printed products using relief, lithographic, flexographic and gravure printing presses, and in-line finishing systems
- preparing plates, blankets and impression cylinders on small offset lithographic printing presses
- loading paper into feeding mechanisms
- monitoring machine operations and quality of printing
- undertaking maintenance, adjustment, repair and cleaning of machines
- producing and managing digital print images, and transferring and outputting images
- may set up and operate paper and bookbinding guillotines
Occupations in this group:
（1）392311 PRINTING MACHINIST
Produces books, magazines, newspapers, brochures, posters, leaflets, packaging materials and stationery using printing presses.
Specialisations: Flexographic Printing Machinist、Gravure Printing Machinist、Label Printing Machinist、Letterpress Printing Machinist、Lithographic Printing Machinist、Reel Fed Printer、Sheet Fed Printer
（2）392312 SMALL OFFSET PRINTER
Alternative Title: Instant Printer Operator
Sets up and operates small offset printing presses used in instant print shops or for in-house printing.
Specialisation: Digital Printer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services