To be considered for the Family in Tasmania Requirements category you should be applying from outside Tasmania and have an IMMEDIATE family member who meets all of the following criteria:
- has been an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen for a minimum of 12 months prior to the lodgement of your application
- is currently residing in Tasmania and has been for a minimum of 12 months
- is a parent, brother, sister, child, aunt, uncle, or grandparent
- agrees to support and assist you in the process of gaining employment in Tasmania upon your arrival in Tasmania
- Please note: relationships by marriage, such as sister-in-law or brother-in-law, are not acceptable for this category.
You (the applicant) must hold the direct relationship with the sponsoring family member.
Notes: Applicants currently living in Tasmania should consider other available nomination categories.