AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENTISTS advise farmers, rural industries and government on aspects of farming, develop techniques for increasing productivity, and study and develop plans and policies for the management of forest areas.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- collecting and analysing data and samples of produce, feed, soil and other factors affecting production
- advising Farmers and Farm Managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options
- advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease, control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and feeding programs
- studying the environmental factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth, animal breeding, and the growth and health of forest trees
- studying the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects and plant diseases on animal, crop and forest production
- developing procedures and techniques for solving agricultural problems and improving the efficiency of production
- managing forest resources to maximise their long-term commercial, recreational and environmental benefits for the community
- studying the propagation and culture of forest trees, methods for improving the growth of stock, and the effects of thinning on forest yields
- preparing plans for reafforestation and devising efficient harvesting systems
- investigating, planning and implementing management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases
Occupations in this group:
（1）234111 AGRICULTURAL CONSULTANT
Alternative Title: Agricultural Adviser
Advises farmers, agricultural businesses, rural industries and government on the production, processing and distribution of farm products.
Specialisations:Agricultural Extension Officer、Landcare Officer
（2）234112 AGRICULTURAL SCIENTIST
Studies commercial plants, animals and cultivation techniques to enhance the productivity of farms and agricultural industries.
（3）234113 FORESTER / FOREST SCIENTIST
Studies, develops and manages forest areas to maintain commercial and recreational uses, conserve flora and fauna, and protect against fire, pests and diseases.
Specialisations: Forestry Adviser、Forestry Consultant
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services